Private sector employers engaged in R&D pay only 25% or $1125 to hire an undergraduate Science students (natural sciences) for a 16 week placement. The typical application success rate is 90%.
- The student earns $5,625 for a 16 week placement; Small to medium sized employers in Atlantic Canada may be able to add $2,000 from NRC-IRAP as a top-up; Travel allowance available
- For Co-op, a minimum placement duration of 12 weeks is needed
- Short rolling application deadline on a first-come, first-served basis: Apply a minimum of 4 weeks before student is proposed to start
- Students: Click here to determine if you are eligible
- To submit an application:
- Using the NSERC On-line System Login - The student creates a profile and electronically submits Form 202, Part I (as well as an official university transcript) to NSERC.
- The student then receives an electronic PIN and Reference Number.
- Once this step is complete, the company must create an electronic profile (unless they have already established this) and submit Form 202, Part II, along with the student’s reference number. *Please note that companies submitting an initial application must also complete Form 183-B online.
- For inquiries, contact the NSERC Atlantic Regional Office at Atlantic@NSERC-CRSNG.GC.CA