FAQs - International Students

As an international student, what do I need to work in Canada as part of the co-op program?

International students will need a co-op work permit. Upon acceptance into the co-op program, students will apply online for their permit. There is no cost to obtain a co-op work permit. The Co-op Office will provide instructions and information to assist you in this process.


As an international student, am I eligible for all advertised positions?

International students are eligible for most positions, but not all. In each co-op posting, citizenship eligibility requirements will be listed. An example of organizations requiring Canadian citizenship would be federal government organizations.


Can I do a work term in my own country?

Students are permitted to complete a work term in their own country; however, they are required to discuss this with their Co-op Coordinator in advance.