Post a Co-op Job
Employers have the opportunity to provide a learning environment where Co-op students are given meaningful work that allows for discipline-related experiences and skill development!
To advertise your job opportunity to Acadia Co-op students, create a profile on the Acadia Co-op Portal! Once your profile is approved by Co-op staff within 1-2 business days, you can advertise your positions easily.
Information to include in your job posting:
- Position title, start and end dates (12-week minimum), hours per week (35-hour minimum), hourly wage, and work location
- Supervisor: Identify the person the student will directly report to over the duration of the placement
- Duties: Detail activities the student will be expected to perform
- Qualifications: Identify the education of the desirable candidate
- Required competencies: Outline the measurable or observable knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors critical to successful job performance
- Work term outcomes: Detail the expectations of what the student should achieve by the completion of the work term
- How to apply: Indicate whether students apply online via your website or through the Co-op Office where applications will be collected and forwarded you directly. Clarify what should be included as part of an application (resume, cover letter and/or transcript). Identify who the cover letter should be addressed to
- Application deadline date: Provide a suggested application deadline date
- Statement on commitment to diversity and accommodation: Express commitment to hiring a diverse workforce and providing an accessible work environment. Encourage students to request accommodation if required for an interview
Click on the link below to access a sample job posting. Organizations that have standard job posting templates are not required to adopt a new template providing the required information is included.