Co-op in Master of Science in Applied Mathematics & Statistics
Co-operative Education is an academic program that integrates study with paid, discipline related work experience. Co-op students gain an enriched understanding of their academic program through practical application. In addition they refine their employability skills, gain an understanding of career opportunities in their field, and gain an understanding of the realities of the workplace.
Master of Science in Applied Mathematics & Statistics students complete 1 four-month work term (with an optional second). Students enrol in Co-op in September of their 1st year of study. A minimum 2.5 GPA is required.
All Co-op students attend workshops and receive one-on-one coaching in job preparation skills such as resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation, business ethics, and more.
Each Co-op work term is a non-credit course, with applicable tuition fees, that is recognized on the student's transcript of marks.
For further details on Co-op, please visit the Co-op website.
Visit the Master of Science in Applied Mathematics & Statistics Department.
Examples of Past Msc Math & Stats Co-op Placements
- Western University - Dr. Gwadry-Sradhar, London, ON
- Communications Security Est., Ottawa, ON
- MITAC Intern, University of Toronto, Nursing Health Service Research Unit, Toronto, ON
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Atlantic Food and Horticulture Station, Wolfville, NS
- Pension Consultant, Morneau Sobeco, Fredericton, NB